Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creativity

Billy's Mickey

I'm posting this picture as my first entry because it helps me keep creativity in perspective. I tend to be a perfectionist about my projects. Fortunately my son is usually working along side me and keeps me in the right frame of mind.

We made salt dough pumpkins at Halloween last year and of course I was painting them perfect orange and green while he was slathering on orange and all sorts of glitter paints. At first I said 'no' but then it dawned on me...that's a really good idea! The project turned into our "Funky Punkin Patch" and looked wonderful! Last night he asked for apple juice with some strawberry syrup in it and at first I thought, "Weird!" But I tried some too and it tasted great!

So remember, you don't need to be perfect to create. You don't have to know exactly what you're doing to try something. And even if your an "expert", you should let loose and color outside the lines once in a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment